Legacy planning gives you the ability to leave more than just memories with family and loved ones.
We spend our lives working and worrying. Can I replace my 8 year old car? Can I take that dream vacation? Can I afford that new house, now that we have three children? Most importantly, who will care for my loved ones when I am not here? You shift from taking care of yourself to taking care of your loved ones after you are gone.
Legacy planning is more than wills and trusts. You shouldn’t put off protecting everything you’ve worked hard to attain.
We are committed to the financial sustainability of your family. Through our candid conversations and compassionate care we will aim to make sure all the necessary details are handled properly and your financial affairs are appropriately arranged.
Together we will work to determine your estate goals by:
- Coordinating and consulting with with a pre-qualified estate attorney on your behalf with your permission or we will work with your existing attorney;
- Working to ensure your loved ones are taken care of in a well-developed plan that will carry out your wishes;
- Inquiring of and planning for any special needs children as well as charities you are committed to supporting;
- Identifying steps to reduce your federal and state estate taxes;
- What is a revocable trust? Should you have a revocable trust? How about other trusts for my kids? We’ll help you decide and help you set one up if that makes sense for your situation.
- We will help you navigate the details of probate, life insurance claims and account changes at various institutions in the event of the death of a loved one. We are here to prepare you, to hold your hand and to take the worry out of life’s financial challenges.
Without proper legacy planning, you run the risk of those you love being left to figure out complicated administration costs, paying unnecessary taxes or worse – squabbling between each other because you failed to provide a clear, easy to administer and well documented set of intentions.
Insurance is a complicated subject and we are here to help you answer any questions you may have.
- Do you have adequate life insurance? Do you still need life insurance?
- Long Term care insurance – what is it? What can it do for me? Should I purchase it and how much?
- Liability protection – are you adequately protected in the event of an unexpected suit?
- Do I need disability insurance? How much do I need? Where can I get it?